On the fourth day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, Russia destroyed the largest airplane in the world called “ Ukraine’s Antonov-225 cargo airplane”. The aeroplane was destroyed outside Kyiv.
- According to weapons manufacturer Ukroboronprom, restoring “ AN-225 Mriya” would cost over USD 3 billion and could take over five times.
- The aircraft was unique to the world. It was 84 meters long and could transport up to 250 tonnes of cargo at a speed of 850 kilometres per hour.
- Missile has been named Mriya, which means “ dream” in Ukrainian.
The An-225 aircraft was located at Hostomel Airport when Russia launched an attack on Ukrainian airport on February 24, 2022. It was destroyed on February 27.
Records of Antonov An-225 Mriya
- As an big aircraft, it held multiple records including.
- Heaviest aircraft ever built.
- Largest wingspan of any aircraft in operational service.
- It has the capability to carry up to 640 tonnes.
The aircraft was designed to airlift Energia rocket’s boosters and Buran- class orbiters for Soviet space program. It was developed to replace the Myasishchev VM-T. The original mission and objectives of An-225 are almost similar to that of United States’Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. The lead designer of the An-225 was Viktor Tolmachev.
Antonov An-225 Mriya
Antonov An-225 Mriya was a strategic airlift cargo aircraft. It was designed by‘Antonov Design Bureau’in Ukrainian SSR within Soviet Union during 1980s. The unique aircraft was developed, as an enlargement of Antonov An-124, originally to transport Buran- class orbiters.
The Reserve Bank of India’s latest policy statement has unequivocally acknowledged that price stability must remain the primary focus of monetary policy now when, as Governor Shaktikanta Das admitted, “the CPI price momentum remains high”. Elucidating the...
Due to divergence of opinion amongst the various stakeholders, there is no proposal "at this juncture" to bring an All-India Judicial Service to select judges of lower courts, the government said in Lok Sabha on Friday. The government has been...
A private member bill to regulate the appointment of judges through the National Judicial Commission was on Friday introduced in Rajya Sabha by CPI(M)'s Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharyya but was opposed by AAP MP Raghav Chadha. The National Judicial...