On the fourth day of Russian invasion to Ukraine, Russia destroyed the largest airplane in the world called “ Ukraine’s Antonov-225 cargo airplane”. The aeroplane was destroyed outside Kyiv.
- According to weapons manufacturer Ukroboronprom, restoring “ AN-225 Mriya” would cost over USD 3 billion and could take over five times.
- The aircraft was unique to the world. It was 84 meters long and could transport up to 250 tonnes of cargo at a speed of 850 kilometres per hour.
- Missile has been named Mriya, which means “ dream” in Ukrainian.
The An-225 aircraft was located at Hostomel Airport when Russia launched an attack on Ukrainian airport on February 24, 2022. It was destroyed on February 27.
Records of Antonov An-225 Mriya
- As an big aircraft, it held multiple records including.
- Heaviest aircraft ever built.
- Largest wingspan of any aircraft in operational service.
- It has the capability to carry up to 640 tonnes.
The aircraft was designed to airlift Energia rocket’s boosters and Buran- class orbiters for Soviet space program. It was developed to replace the Myasishchev VM-T. The original mission and objectives of An-225 are almost similar to that of United States’Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. The lead designer of the An-225 was Viktor Tolmachev.
Antonov An-225 Mriya
Antonov An-225 Mriya was a strategic airlift cargo aircraft. It was designed by‘Antonov Design Bureau’in Ukrainian SSR within Soviet Union during 1980s. The unique aircraft was developed, as an enlargement of Antonov An-124, originally to transport Buran- class orbiters.
MAH B.Ed CET admit card 2023 released at cetcell.mahacet.org, download here | Competitive Exams
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Cell has released the MAH B.Ed.-M.Ed CET examination. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website at cetcell.mahacet.org. MAH B.Ed CET admit card 2023 released at cetcell.mahacet.org Along with the MAH-B.Ed....
CBSE Class 12 History paper tomorrow; Check SQP, marking scheme
CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2023: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to hold board exam for the Class 12 History paper tomorrow, March 29. Timings for CBSE Class 12 History exam is 10:30 am to 1:30 pm and the gate closing time is 10 am. CBSE...
DNB PDCET 2023 registration ends on March 30, apply at natboard.edu.in | Competitive Exams
National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences, NBEMS will end the registration process for DNB PDCET 2023 on March 30, 2023. Candidates who want to apply for DNB - Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test – 2023 can do it through the official site of NBE at...