The world’s highest tunnel will be constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) at Shinku La Pass at feet. This tunnel will be connecting Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh.
- The construction of this tunnel by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) will begin by July 2022.
- This tunnel will be connecting Ladakh’s Zanskar Valley to Himachal Pradesh.
- Project Yojak has been set up by the central government to execute this ambitious project.
- By the year 2025, the construction of this tunnel will be completed.
- The tunnel’s south gate will be at Shinku La.
- The tunnel’s north gate will be at Lakhang.
Significance of this tunnel
This tunnel will help in boosting the economy of the Zanskar Valley as the travel time between Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh will be reduced after this tunnel is opened.
Nadeem Zaman, author, The Inheritors – “Displacement has been a constant in my work”
Tell us about The Inheritors. How did the idea for it come about? Author Nadeem Zaman (Courtesy the subject) In early 2021, during spring semester at the college where I teach, I’d included The Great Gatsby in the syllabus, and during class discussion one day...
Review: The Woman Who Climbed Trees: A Novel by Smriti Ravindra
Smriti Ravindra’s The Woman Who Climbed Trees, set in Nepal and its borderlands, is an exploration into women’s lack of agency within patriarchal society. It delves into the complexities that arise when husbands are physically and emotionally distant, leaving...
Review: The Speaking Constitution by KG Kannabiran
Justice Madhav Reddy: Why should Naxalities who do not believe in the Constitution take shelter under it? KG Kannabiran (1929-2010) was a senior advocate, human rights activist and co-founder, People’s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) (HT Photo) Advocate KG...