The world’s highest tunnel will be constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) at Shinku La Pass at feet. This tunnel will be connecting Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh.
- The construction of this tunnel by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) will begin by July 2022.
- This tunnel will be connecting Ladakh’s Zanskar Valley to Himachal Pradesh.
- Project Yojak has been set up by the central government to execute this ambitious project.
- By the year 2025, the construction of this tunnel will be completed.
- The tunnel’s south gate will be at Shinku La.
- The tunnel’s north gate will be at Lakhang.
Significance of this tunnel
This tunnel will help in boosting the economy of the Zanskar Valley as the travel time between Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh will be reduced after this tunnel is opened.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday paid tributes to B R Ambedkar, the architect of India's Constitution, on his death anniversary and said his struggles gave hope to millions. He along with President Droupadi Murmu and Vice President...
Calicut University Results 2022: University of Calicut has announced third and eighth semester examination results for various courses, along with results for first year preliminary Afzal Ul Ulama Examination of May 2022. Students who appeared in these exams....
AP EAPCET Pharmacy Seat Allotment Result 2022: Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) will announce seat allotment result for the first phase of AP EAPCET counselling for Pharmacy courses today. Candidates who appeared in AP EAPCET/EAMCET...