On July 20, 2022, NITI Aayog released a report on digital banks titled “ A proposal for Digital Banks in India Licensing and Regulatory Regime ’’ In the report, government’s think tank has provided template and roadmap for licensing and regulatory governance for India. NITI Aayog prepared this report on the base ofinter-ministerial consultations.
Important features of the report include
- NITI Aayog report seeks to avoid regulatory or policy arbitrage and provide a level playing field to incumbents and competitors.
- It studies the gaps and niches which remain underserved as well as the best practices of licensing digital banks, considering the need of supporting technology in an effective way. This move seeks to cater the requirements of banking in India.
- It also maps prevalent business models in the digital domain and highlights challenges faced by ‘ partnership model ’ ofneo-banking.
- The NITI Aayog report presents following recommendations.
- Report recommends to issue a defined digital bank licence( to a given applicant). License will be confined with respect to volume/ value of customers serviced.
- It also recommends to enlist the licensee in a regulatory sandbox framework, provided by the RBI.
PSSSB Patwari Recruitment 2023: Tomorrow last date to apply for 710 posts
Punjab Subordinate Service Selection Board, PSSSB will end the application process for 710 Patwari posts tomorrow, April 2. Interested candidates who have not applied yet can apply online at sssb.punjab.gov. The last date for submission of the fee is 05th April...
TSLPRB final written exam dates announced, admit card releasing on April 3 | Competitive Exams
The Telangana State Level Police Recruitment Board (TSLPRB) has released the dates for the final written examinations for the posts of SCT SIs (Civil) and/or equivalent posts. Candidates can check the detailed schedule on the official website at www.tslprb.in....
ICAI CA May Exam 2023 for May 10 postponed in Karnataka, notice at icai.org | Competitive Exams
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has postponed ICAI CA May Exam 2023 in Karnataka that was scheduled to be held on May 10, 2023. The official notice on postponement can be checked by candidates on the official site of ICAI at icai.org. ICAI CA May...