China’s new scientific lab “ Wentian Space Station Module ” was launched lately onboard Long March 5B launch vehicle. The module was docked with the China’s under- construction space station on July 25, 2022.
Highlights of the launch
- It was the alternate module of the three modules planned for the space station.
- Module launch took place from Wenchang Space Launch Centre on southern island of Hainan.
- It marked the third launch since the construction of Chinese Space Station started in April 2021.
- Alternate module is preceded by Tianzhou- class cargo spacecraft and Shenzhou- 14 crewed spacecraft.
- Launch of Wentian will be followed by alternate lab module called Mengtian, which is scheduled to be launched in October 2022.
- Tianhe module is the core cabin module for the space station. Three astronauts are presently living there and are on a six- month mission.
Wentian Space Station Module
Wentian Space Station Module has been designed to conduct science and biology experiments. It weighs 23- ton and is heavier as compared to other single- module spacecraft present in space. It’s a17.9 meters long module. Wentian module features an airlock cabin, which will act as the main exit- entry point for extravehicular activities after the construction of space station is completed. It’ll also serve the purpose of short- term living quarters for astronauts on crew reels to the station.
Mengtian Module is scheduled to be launched in October 2022. It’ll be docked with Tianhe, and form a T- shaped structure.
The Reserve Bank of India’s latest policy statement has unequivocally acknowledged that price stability must remain the primary focus of monetary policy now when, as Governor Shaktikanta Das admitted, “the CPI price momentum remains high”. Elucidating the...
Due to divergence of opinion amongst the various stakeholders, there is no proposal "at this juncture" to bring an All-India Judicial Service to select judges of lower courts, the government said in Lok Sabha on Friday. The government has been...
A private member bill to regulate the appointment of judges through the National Judicial Commission was on Friday introduced in Rajya Sabha by CPI(M)'s Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharyya but was opposed by AAP MP Raghav Chadha. The National Judicial...