Cyclone Emnati wreaked have on Madagascar. It made landfall just north of the south-eastern district of Manakara.
- The storm, which passed just north of the Indian Ocean islands of Reunion and Mauritius, had slightly weakened by the time it approached Madagascar’s eastern coast, but it still had winds of roughly 100 km/h with gusts of 140 km/h.
- On 5th February, Cyclone Batsirai, another storm, had struck the island, affecting around 2,70,000 people and claiming 121 lives.
- 21,000 people still remain displaced from the time when the tropical storm Ana had struck in January.
- Tropical storm Dumako affected 5,000 people.
- According to the United Nations, which blames climate change for the catastrophe, the southern section of Madagascar has been affected by drought, the worst in 40 years.
- Between November and April each year, the island is prone to numerous cyclones and storms.
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) will end the online application process for 67th Mains Examination 2022 today, December 6. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the vacancies on the official website bpsc.bih.nic.in or...
Congress MPs including its president Mallikarjun Kharge and former chief Sonia Gandhi paid tribute to the architect of the Indian Constitution on his 66th death anniversary on Tuesday. The day, also called the 'Mahaparinirvan Diwas',...
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has invited applications from candidates to apply for Medical Officer posts. Eligible candidates can apply for the posts through the official site of UPPSC at uppsc.up.nic.in. This recruitment drive will fill up 2382...