The National Health Authority (NHA), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment (DoSJE), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to deliver an inclusive and comprehensive health package for transgender people under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Ministers Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, MoHFW, and Dr. Virendra Kumar, MoSJE, at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in Delhi by Dr. R S Sharma, CEO, NHA and R. Subramanyam, Secretary, DoSJE.
Key Features of MoU
- This MOU lays the foundation for a transformative social change that will provide specific healthcare benefits to the transgender community under AB-PMJAY in addition to ensuring equality for the disadvantaged community.
- According to the MoU, transgender people in India who possess a transgender certificate from the National Portal for Transgender Persons will be eligible for all healthcare benefits.
- The MoSJE will annually fund a Rs. 5 lakh insurance policy for each transgender beneficiary.
- A comprehensive package master is being developed for the transgender category, which will include the existing AB-PMJAY packages as well as transgender-specific packages (Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS) and treatment).
- They would be able to get treatment in any of the AB-PMJAY empanelled hospitals across India that offer special packages.
- The scheme would apply to all transgender people who do not currently get benefits from existing centre/state sponsored schemes.
Measures Taken by The Gol
The Government of India (Gol) is dedicated to Antyodaya, a concept whereby the last recipient of a service receives the rewards of a government’s policies and actions.
The MoSJE has taken various measures in this regard for the transgender community, including “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019,” GarimaGreh, and PM Daksh.
It covers five assurances: Access to education, Life with dignity, Health support, Opportunities for livelihood and Skill Enhancement,
From the outside, it looks just like a regular cash dispenser, but this is India's first ever "gold ATM", delivering gold coins at the click of a button in a country where gold is often seen as a safe and preferred investment. Set up in...
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has released NVS Answer Key 2022 for TGT posts. Candidates who have appeared for the TGT direct examination can download the answer key through the official site of NVS at navodaya.gov.in.The Computer Based Test will be conducted from...
The opposition AIADMK has postponed the party's protest programmes scheduled from December 9 to 16 in the wake of Cyclone Mandous, which, according to the weather forecast, is likely to hit Tamil Nadu on Friday. The AIADMK had planned a series...