The National Health Authority (NHA), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment (DoSJE), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to deliver an inclusive and comprehensive health package for transgender people under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Ministers Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, MoHFW, and Dr. Virendra Kumar, MoSJE, at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in Delhi by Dr. R S Sharma, CEO, NHA and R. Subramanyam, Secretary, DoSJE.
Key Features of MoU
- This MOU lays the foundation for a transformative social change that will provide specific healthcare benefits to the transgender community under AB-PMJAY in addition to ensuring equality for the disadvantaged community.
- According to the MoU, transgender people in India who possess a transgender certificate from the National Portal for Transgender Persons will be eligible for all healthcare benefits.
- The MoSJE will annually fund a Rs. 5 lakh insurance policy for each transgender beneficiary.
- A comprehensive package master is being developed for the transgender category, which will include the existing AB-PMJAY packages as well as transgender-specific packages (Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS) and treatment).
- They would be able to get treatment in any of the AB-PMJAY empanelled hospitals across India that offer special packages.
- The scheme would apply to all transgender people who do not currently get benefits from existing centre/state sponsored schemes.
Measures Taken by The Gol
The Government of India (Gol) is dedicated to Antyodaya, a concept whereby the last recipient of a service receives the rewards of a government’s policies and actions.
The MoSJE has taken various measures in this regard for the transgender community, including “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019,” GarimaGreh, and PM Daksh.
It covers five assurances: Access to education, Life with dignity, Health support, Opportunities for livelihood and Skill Enhancement,
SAIL Recruitment 2023: Apply for 10 Manager posts at sail.co.in, details here
Steel Authority of India Limited has invited applications from candidates for Manager posts. Eligible candidates can apply online through the official site of SAIL at sail.co.in. This recruitment drive will fill up 10 posts in the organisation. SAIL Recruitment...
UP Board Result 2023 date: Board completes evaluation work of class 10 and 12 exams; result soon
PRAYAGRAJ: The evaluation work of answer sheets of high school and intermediate board exams, conducted by the UP Secondary Education Board, was completed on Friday.A total of 1,43,933 examiners were appointed to evaluate a total of 3.19 crore answer sheets....
JEE Main Admit Card 2023 Session 2 LIVE: Latest updates on NTA JEE hall tickets
JEE Main admit card: How to download Visit the official site of NTA JEE at jeemain.nta.nic.in. Click on JEE main admit card link available on the home page. Enter the login details and click on submit.Your admit card will be displayed on the screen. Check the...