On 28th July 2022, The Indian Navy( IN) received two MH- 6ORMulti-Role Helicopters( MRH) — Romeo Helicopters from the United States of America( USA). The helicopters were delivered by the C- 17 Special Air Assignment Mission Flight of the US Air Force at Cochin International Airport Limited( CIAL), Kerala.
These 2 helicopters are a part of the 24 MH 6ORs contracted from the USA in 2020.
The 3rd helicopter is set to be delivered in August 2022.
- In 2020, India and the US signed 2 USD2.6 billion( worth around,000 crore) contract for 24 WH- GOR Romeo helicopters which will be built by Lockheed Martin Corporation.
- The delivery of all 24 helicopters is set to be completed by 2025.
- Originally, These multiple-mission-capable helicopters would be based at Naval Air Station Garuda at Kochi, Kerala and put through intensive flying trials for integration into the Indian Navy Fleet.
- These add to the first three MH 60R ‘ Romeo ’ helicopters delivered in the US in 2021, these are being used for training of the Indian Navy crew.
- The induction of these state- of- the-art mission-capable platforms will enhance the integral
anti-submarine warfare capabilities.
- This will replace the ageing fleet of British Westland Seakinganti-submarine helicopters.
- Indian MH-6OR
Lockheed Martin released the first look of the Indian MH- 60R on the occasion of India’s Navy Day 2020ie., 4th December 2020.
- The Indian MH- SOR will feature the common cockpit avionice suite.
- The copter comes with multi-mode radar with Inverse Synthetic-Aperture Radar( ISAR) capability,multi-Spectral Targeting system, comprehensive electronic warfare and self-protection suite, Advanced Low-Frequency Dunking Sonar, GPS-capable sonobuoys, secure voice communication, SATCOM, and datalink systems.
A new drug, lecanemab, has been found to slow down cognitive decline in Alzheimer's patients, according to a study that could lead to new treatments for the neurodegenerative disease. The study results were presented at the 15th Clinical Trials...
The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike’s decision to cancel permission provided to an NGO, Chilume Educational Cultural and Rural Development Trust, to conduct a house-to-house survey to enhance voter awareness, was a belated but necessary one. BBMP, the...
The Covid-19 pandemic was an "extraordinary revelatory moment" in the history of India when the elements of inequalities in the society were laid bare, columnist and writer P Sainath said on Wednesday. Sainath said even though the inequalities...