Union Government has constituted “ Sanjay Agarwal Committee on Minimum Support Price( MSP) ”, to make it more effective and transparent. Committee has been created around eight months later the three farm Acts were repealed.
Tasks given to the committee
- The Sanjay Agarwal committee has been tasked to make suggestions, in a bid to give greater autonomy to “ Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices ”. This move is directed towards strengthening agricultural marketing system, in line with changing requirements of India.
- Committee would deal with issues related to natural farming, including;
- Formulating strategies to make krishi vigyan kendras and other R&D institutions as knowledge centres on natural farming.
- Established a chain of laboratories, to give organic certification to products produced by natural husbandry.
- Committee will also work on crop diversification, in order to take farmers out of wheat and rice cycles.
- It’ll eventually map the being cropping patterns of producer and consumer and help in creating a system to give remunerative prices for sale of new crops.
Members of the Panel
- The committee will be headed by Sanjay Agarwal.
- Other members of the committee include
- Member of NITI Aayog, Ramesh Chand
- Professor of IIM Ahmedabad, Sukhpal Singh
- Chairman of Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative, Dilip Sanghani
- Secretary of Department of Agriculture
- Secretary of Department of Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Secretary of Food and Consumer Affairs
- Secretary of Cooperation and Textiles
- Representatives from state governments of Karnataka, Sikkim, Andhra Pradesh, and Odisha.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Main Admit Card 2023 released on upsc.gov.in, download link here
NEW DELHI: The Union Public Service Commission on Friday released the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Main admit card 2023. Candidates who are going to participate in the examination can download their hall tickets from the official website of UPSC -...
Nadeem Zaman, author, The Inheritors – “Displacement has been a constant in my work”
Tell us about The Inheritors. How did the idea for it come about? Author Nadeem Zaman (Courtesy the subject) In early 2021, during spring semester at the college where I teach, I’d included The Great Gatsby in the syllabus, and during class discussion one day...
Review: The Woman Who Climbed Trees: A Novel by Smriti Ravindra
Smriti Ravindra’s The Woman Who Climbed Trees, set in Nepal and its borderlands, is an exploration into women’s lack of agency within patriarchal society. It delves into the complexities that arise when husbands are physically and emotionally distant, leaving...