Union Government has constituted “ Sanjay Agarwal Committee on Minimum Support Price( MSP) ”, to make it more effective and transparent. Committee has been created around eight months later the three farm Acts were repealed.
Tasks given to the committee
- The Sanjay Agarwal committee has been tasked to make suggestions, in a bid to give greater autonomy to “ Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices ”. This move is directed towards strengthening agricultural marketing system, in line with changing requirements of India.
- Committee would deal with issues related to natural farming, including;
- Formulating strategies to make krishi vigyan kendras and other R&D institutions as knowledge centres on natural farming.
- Established a chain of laboratories, to give organic certification to products produced by natural husbandry.
- Committee will also work on crop diversification, in order to take farmers out of wheat and rice cycles.
- It’ll eventually map the being cropping patterns of producer and consumer and help in creating a system to give remunerative prices for sale of new crops.
Members of the Panel
- The committee will be headed by Sanjay Agarwal.
- Other members of the committee include
- Member of NITI Aayog, Ramesh Chand
- Professor of IIM Ahmedabad, Sukhpal Singh
- Chairman of Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative, Dilip Sanghani
- Secretary of Department of Agriculture
- Secretary of Department of Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Secretary of Food and Consumer Affairs
- Secretary of Cooperation and Textiles
- Representatives from state governments of Karnataka, Sikkim, Andhra Pradesh, and Odisha.
Latest LIVE: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is all set to form the government in Gujarat for the seventh straight term on December 12. Party leader Bhupendra Patel will take oath as chief minister along with 20 other cabinet ministers. BJP is set to...
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday said that the chairmanship of G-20 is a matter of pride for the country, suggesting that it was due to the contribution of all prime ministers leading India since its freedom. He said that from...
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has ended the Bharatiya Janata Party’s 15-year term at the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), winning 134 of the 250 seats. In the interim, Delhi was divided under three Municipal Councils and later merged again. There were multiple...