The Board of Trustees of the Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF) announced the winner of the 64th Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022. The 2022 Ramon Magsaysay Awardees are Sotheara Chhim (Cambodia), Bernadette Madrid (Philippines), Tadashi Hattori (Japan) and Gary Bencheghib (Indonesia).
‘The theme of 2022 Awards is “Greatness of Spirit, Beyond Borders”.
About Ramon Magsaysay Awart
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award, established in 1957, is Asia’s greatest honour and distinction. The award is managed by RMAF.
- It is named after Ramon Magsaysay, the third president of the Philines.
- The award is regarded around the world as “Asia’s Nobel Prize”.
- “The prize is annually presented in a ceremonial ceremony in Manila, Philippines on August 31.
- The first Ramon Magsaysay Awards ceremony was held on 31st August 1958.
- Ravish Kumar, an Indian journalist, received the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 2019 for “using journalism to give voice to the voiceless.”
- Vinoba Bhave (India), was one of the inaugural recipients of the Ramon Magsaysay Award (1958).
About Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022:
- Sotheara Chhim-He is a mental health advocate from Cambodia. He is a leading voice in Cambodian trauma syndrome.
- He is being recognized for “his calm courage in surmounting deep trauma to become his people’s healer”.ii. Tadashi Hattori-He is a sight-saving humanitarian from Japan.
- He is being recognized for his simple humanity and extraordinary generosity as a person and a professional.
- Bernadette J. Madrid-She is a children’s rights crusader from the Philippines.
- She is being recognized for “her unassuming and steadfast commitment to a noble and demanding advocacy.
Gary Bencheghib-He is an anti-plastic pollution warrior from Indonesia.
- He is being recognized for Emergent Leadership for “his inspiring fight against marine plastic pollution.
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) will end the online application process for 67th Mains Examination 2022 today, December 6. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the vacancies on the official website bpsc.bih.nic.in or...
Congress MPs including its president Mallikarjun Kharge and former chief Sonia Gandhi paid tribute to the architect of the Indian Constitution on his 66th death anniversary on Tuesday. The day, also called the 'Mahaparinirvan Diwas',...
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has invited applications from candidates to apply for Medical Officer posts. Eligible candidates can apply for the posts through the official site of UPPSC at uppsc.up.nic.in. This recruitment drive will fill up 2382...