P V Sindhu won the Swiss Open 2022 defeating Busanan Ongbamrungphan of Thailand in the tests of the Swiss Open Super 300 badminton tournament held in Basel, Switzerland.
- This is her second title this season as she had earlier in January won the Syed Modi India International.
- She’s the alternate Indian woman to win this event, following Saina Nehwal who had earlier won in 2011 and 2012.
- PV Sindhu is a two times Olympics medal winner having won the silver in the 2016 Rio Olympics and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- This is her second finals appearance in the Swiss Open, having been defeated by Carolina Marin in 2021.
- These back-to-back wins (Syed Modi India and Swiss Open) will boost her confidence ahead of the upcoming Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, and the world championships.
HS Prannoy reached the finals in the Men’s Singles format of this tournament and was defeated by Jonatan Christie of Indonesia who’s also the Asian Games champion. HS Prannoy appeared in a final for the first time in five years. In 2016 he’d won the gold medal in this tournament defeating He Bingjiao of China. In the 2017 US Open Prannoy had last won a title.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Main Admit Card 2023 released on upsc.gov.in, download link here
NEW DELHI: The Union Public Service Commission on Friday released the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Main admit card 2023. Candidates who are going to participate in the examination can download their hall tickets from the official website of UPSC -...
Nadeem Zaman, author, The Inheritors – “Displacement has been a constant in my work”
Tell us about The Inheritors. How did the idea for it come about? Author Nadeem Zaman (Courtesy the subject) In early 2021, during spring semester at the college where I teach, I’d included The Great Gatsby in the syllabus, and during class discussion one day...
Review: The Woman Who Climbed Trees: A Novel by Smriti Ravindra
Smriti Ravindra’s The Woman Who Climbed Trees, set in Nepal and its borderlands, is an exploration into women’s lack of agency within patriarchal society. It delves into the complexities that arise when husbands are physically and emotionally distant, leaving...