Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare (SAMRIDH) initiative was announced by‘Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of NITI Aayog in association with theU.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
About SAMRIDH Initiative
- This new association will improve access to quality and affordable healthcare for vulnerable populations across tier-2 and tier-3 cities, as well as rural and tribal regions.
- USAID, IPE Global, and stakeholders from Indian government, private sector and academia developed the innovative SAMRIDH blended finance facility in 2020, for combining philanthropic and public funds with commercial capital, in a bid to produce and rapidly scale market- based health solutions.
- This partnership will enhance SAMRIDH’s efforts for reaching vulnerable populations and using expertise of AIM in invention and entrepreneurship.
- AIM and SAMRIDH will work public sector resources and philanthropic capital for offsetting barriers for commercial investments across small and medium health enterprises for investing in and scale healthcare solutions.
- This collaboration will also focus on innovations across healthcare geography with a common goal to mount an effective response towards ongoing third wave of COVID-19.
- It’ll also make health system preparedness for future health emergencies and infectious complaint outbreaks.
- Atal Innovation Mission and SAMRIDH will ask for solutions from innovators and entrepreneurs on topics like solutions to strengthen healthcare infrastructure, capacity building of healthcare workers, and improve diagnostic products & services.
- It’ll also focus on mental health solutions, by emphasising on support for healthcare providers and patients who are recovering from COVID-19 epidemic.
At a time when museums thought that the works of Progressive Artists should be hung in toilets, mercurial entrepreneur Kekoo Gandhy believed in modern Indian art. He and his wife Khorshed went on to set up Gallery Chemould. Jerry Pinto’s Citizen Gallery is a...
National Institute of Open Schooling has released NIOS Board Exams 2023 schedule. The Class 10, 12 registration have already started and candidates who will appear for the examination to be conducted in April- May 2023 can check the schedule on the official...
Amid the ongoing friction between the Centre and the judiciary on the issue of appointment of judges, the Supreme Court on Thursday told the Centre that collegium system is the "law of the land", which should be followed. And, referring to...