Jharkhand’s Directorate of Agriculture and SettleMint, a blockchain tech company, implemented the distribution of seed to farmers using a blockchain-based platform.
Jharkhand became the 1st Indian state to implement blockchain technology which is being used to track seed distribution.
This aims at reducing pilferage and avoids spurious seeds that farmers receive through various government schemes including the seed exchange scheme.
- The platform enables traceability, real-time monitoring and efficient management of the schemes in a transparent manner.
- In order to make use of the blockchain technology, each farmer must register themselves in the blockchain system along with an Aadhar card and mobile number, through which the technology enables timely availability of seeds to farmers and also distributors and retailers.
- This provides information on a real-time basis to monitor activities like seed distribution under Large Area Multipurpose Society (LAMPS), Primary Agriculture Credit Society (PACS).
- Farmers Producer Organisation (FPO) to farmers in different districts, quantity or variety of seed being purchased by farmers, number of times seed is being purchased by a farmer and such others.
- Until now, more than 3 lakh farmers, 600 LAMPS or PACS or Private distributors and 160 FPOs have been registered on the platform.
- During the current kharif season, the department has covered seed distribution of cereals, pulses, oilseeds and coarse cereals through blockchain technology.
NEP 2020: Study materials till Class 5 to be provided in 22 Indian languages, says Pradhan
NEW DELHI: The government will provide study materials to the students till Class 5 in 22 Indian languages as the National Education Policy, NEP 2020 places a special emphasis on the mother tongue, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Tuesday."We...
APSC to begin applictaion process for Research Assistant posts from March 29 | Competitive Exams
Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has invited online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Research Assistant in Planning Services under the Transformation and Development Department under ADVT. NO. 03/2023. The applictaion...
Report: Shyam Benegal Retrospective – Hindustan Times
The G5A Foundation for Contemporary Culture in Mumbai hosted a retrospective of filmmaker Shyam Benegal’s cinema from March 17 to 19. Mandi (1983), Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008), Trikal (1985), Bhumika (1977), Nishant (1975), Ankur (1974) and Zubeidaa (2001) were...