IndiGo, the Country’s largest carrier, joins the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) sustainable superhead to achieve a significant scale of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF)
The airline became a signatory to the Clear Skies for Tomorrow (CST), India Coalition campaign.
Note: Clean Skies for Tomorrow (CST)- to help the aviation sector move towards net-zero emissions.
- By SAF, IndiGo could gain a critical mass and bring in cost-efficiency for Widespread adoption in India.
- Under the IndiGo Green initiative with 2 10% blend of SAF, IndiGo operated its brand new A320 NEO plane from Toulouse, France to New Delhi on 18 February 2022.
- In January 2019, CST was launched to provide a crucial mechanism for top executives and public leaders beyond the aviation value chain.
- CST is to align on a transition to SAF as part of a proactive pathway for the industry in order to achieve carbon-neutral flying.
- The Goal is to reach a commercially capable SAF production for industry-wide adoption by 2030 and support a path to net-zero in aviation by 2050.
- IndiGo’s domestic market share in July is 58.8% and has more than 80 members in the Global coalition.
A new drug, lecanemab, has been found to slow down cognitive decline in Alzheimer's patients, according to a study that could lead to new treatments for the neurodegenerative disease. The study results were presented at the 15th Clinical Trials...
The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike’s decision to cancel permission provided to an NGO, Chilume Educational Cultural and Rural Development Trust, to conduct a house-to-house survey to enhance voter awareness, was a belated but necessary one. BBMP, the...
The Covid-19 pandemic was an "extraordinary revelatory moment" in the history of India when the elements of inequalities in the society were laid bare, columnist and writer P Sainath said on Wednesday. Sainath said even though the inequalities...