On 12th September 2022, the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, has become the 1st Indian educational institution to join the New York (NY)-based International Business Machines (IBM) Quantum Network to promote and advance quantum computing skills development and research in India.
IIT-M is to join a network total of 180 global members in the IBM Quantum Network.
- The members of IBM Quantum Network include a community of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, academic institutions, and research labs. The network includes about 53 academic institutes from across the world.
- The Centre for Quantum Information, Communication and Computing (CQuICC) at IIT-M aims to advance core algorithms in research areas like Quantum Machine Learning, Quantum Optimisation, and Applications research in Finance.
- IIT-M will use IBM Quantum services alongside the open-source Qiskit framework to explore areas like quantum algorithms, quantum error correction and error mitigation, etc, to advance and enlarge the quantum computing ecosystem.
- IIT-M will receive cloud-based access to IBM’s advanced quantum computing systems and IBM’s quantum expertise.
- The access helps to explore practical applications and realise wide-ranging benefits of this technology business and society.
- Joining 18M Quantum Network will provide IIT-M faculty direct access to state-of-the-art quantum hardware and software.
- The previous year, IIT-M joined IBM’s quantum education programme to provide IIT-M students and faculty access to IBM quantum learning resources.
From the outside, it looks just like a regular cash dispenser, but this is India's first ever "gold ATM", delivering gold coins at the click of a button in a country where gold is often seen as a safe and preferred investment. Set up in...
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has released NVS Answer Key 2022 for TGT posts. Candidates who have appeared for the TGT direct examination can download the answer key through the official site of NVS at navodaya.gov.in.The Computer Based Test will be conducted from...
The opposition AIADMK has postponed the party's protest programmes scheduled from December 9 to 16 in the wake of Cyclone Mandous, which, according to the weather forecast, is likely to hit Tamil Nadu on Friday. The AIADMK had planned a series...