The Government of India (Gol) has awarded Mithila Makhana from Bihar 2 Geographical Indication (GI) tag, which would enable farmers to get the maximum price for their premium produce.
This decision is anticipated to benefit over five lakh farmers in the Mithila region of Bihar.
- The GI has been registered under the name of Mithilanchal Makhana Utpadak Sangh, facilitated by Bihar Agricultural University.
- Generally, such a name provides a sense of quality and uniqueness that is mostly attributed to its origin.
- People outside of Bihar would be allowed to use this auspicious material with reverence due to GI Tag to Mithila Makhana in the festive season.
- A GI is primarily a product that comes from a specific geographical location, whether it be a manufactured product (handicrafts and industrial goods), a natural product, or an agricultural product.
- After a product receives a GI tag, no individual or company may sell a similar item under that name. This tag is valid for 10 years, after which it can be renewed.
- Other advantages of GI registration include legal protection for the item, prohibition of unauthorised use by others, and promotion of exports.
- Some of the well-known products that bear GI tag: Basmati rice, Darjeeling Tea (West Bengal), Chanderi Fabric (Madhya Pradesh), Mysore Silk (Karnataka), Kullu Shaw! (Himachal Pradesh), Kangra Tea (Himachal Pradesh), Thanjavur Paintings (Tamil Nadu), Allahabad Surkha Guava (Uttar Pradesh), Farrukhabad Prints (Uttar Pradesh), Lucknow Zardozi (Uttar Pradesh) and Kashmir Walnut Wood Carving (Jammu & Kashmir)
JEE Main Admit Card 2023 Session 2 LIVE: Latest updates on NTA JEE hall tickets
JEE Main admit card: How to download Visit the official site of NTA JEE at jeemain.nta.nic.in. Click on JEE main admit card link available on the home page. Enter the login details and click on submit.Your admit card will be displayed on the screen. Check the...
IBPS CRP-Clerks-XII Result 2023 announced on ibps.in; download here
IBPS CRP-Clerks-XII Result 2023: IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) has released the results of the online main examination for CRP-Clerks-XII. Candidates who appeared for the exam can now view their result status on the official IBPS website -...
IBPS Clerk Mains Result 2022 declared at ibps.in, direct link here
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has declared IBPS Clerk Mains Result 2022 on April 1, 2023. Candidates who have appeared for CRP CLERKS-XII main examination can check their results through the official site of IBPS at ibps.in. IBPS Clerk Mains Result...