The Union environment minister and the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) in the National Capital Region (NCR) inaugurated a two-day interactive session in Gurugram named “Dialogue Towards Clean Air”.
- This session was inaugurated to find solutions regarding problems related to air pollution by involving stakeholders and looking at technologies.
- Minister for environment, forest and climate change Bhupender Yadav inaugurated this event.
- The government is looking towards incorporating public suggestions which can lead to a comprehensive action plan for the NCR.
- The efforts taken by the commission to improve air quality across the NCR were also highlighted.
- Citizens were also requested to take care of their surroundings and to take responsibility for the waste that was being generated by them.
- MM Kutty, chairperson of the Commission for Air Quality Management, said that the commission is focussing on effective state coordination, doing research, effective problem-solving, and identifying technologies that could be implemented on the ground.
Major pollution contributing sector in the NCR
Vehicles, Industries, road dust, building and demolition waste, solid waste, biomass incineration, landfill fires, and stubble burning are the major sectors that contribute to pollution in the NCR and surrounding areas. The use of the best available and practicable technology, which will be the fundamental element for pollution control and prevention, must be prioritised in pollution control.
Final solution: The Hindu Editorial on giving earth a change to escape climate change effects
The influential Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has made public its final ‘Synthesis’ report, which is part of the Sixth Assessment Cycle. Since 1990, when the IPCC began publicising its compilation of global scientific research linking...
Mallya bought properties in England, France while airline in crisis: CBI
Beleaguered businessman Vijay Mallya bought properties worth Rs 330 crore in England and France during 2015-16 even as his Kingfisher Airlines was facing a cash crunch at that time and banks had not recovered the loans...
Uzbek kids’ death: Licence of Marion Biotech cancelled by UP authority
The manufacturing licence of Noida-based pharmaceutical firm Marion Biotech was cancelled on Wednesday by Uttar Pradesh authorities, according to officials. Marion Biotech's cough syrup Dok-1 was linked with the...