According to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy Pvt. Ltd (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate surged to a one-year high of 8.3% in August 2022 as employment sequentially fell by 2 million to 394.6 million. This is the highest unemployment rate since
- August 2021. In July 2022, the unemployment rate was at 6.8% and the employment was 397 million.
- In August the urban unemployment rate shot up to 9.6% and rural unemployment rate also increased to 7.7%.
- Usually the urban unemployment rate is higher at about 8% than the rural unemployment rate which is usually around 7%.
- The unemployment rate in rural India rose from 6.1% in July to 7.7% in August and the employment rate fell from 37.6% to 37.3%.
- In August 2022, Haryana recorded the highest unemployment rate (37.3%) followed by Jammu & Kashmir(J&K) 32.8%, Rajasthan 31.4%, Jharkhand 17.3% and Tripura 16.3%.
NEP 2020: Study materials till Class 5 to be provided in 22 Indian languages, says Pradhan
NEW DELHI: The government will provide study materials to the students till Class 5 in 22 Indian languages as the National Education Policy, NEP 2020 places a special emphasis on the mother tongue, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Tuesday."We...
APSC to begin applictaion process for Research Assistant posts from March 29 | Competitive Exams
Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has invited online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Research Assistant in Planning Services under the Transformation and Development Department under ADVT. NO. 03/2023. The applictaion...
Report: Shyam Benegal Retrospective – Hindustan Times
The G5A Foundation for Contemporary Culture in Mumbai hosted a retrospective of filmmaker Shyam Benegal’s cinema from March 17 to 19. Mandi (1983), Welcome to Sajjanpur (2008), Trikal (1985), Bhumika (1977), Nishant (1975), Ankur (1974) and Zubeidaa (2001) were...