TheTejas Mark-2 project was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS), which is chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi, at 2 cost of more than Rs. 6,500 crore. The funding is an addition to the Rs 2,500 crore that was previously approved for Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- The Tejas Mark-2 project will provide a number of enhancements to the flight and combat skills of the indigenous Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA).
- The Tejas Mark-2 (Tejas 2.0) will be an advanced version of Tejas LCA.
- The Tejas Mark-2 will have a longer combat range and more capacity to carry weapons with more powerful GE-414 engines in the 98 Kilonewton thrust class than the Tejas Mark-1 (GE-404 engines).
- It will have a payload capacity of 4 tonnes, up from 3 tonnes for the current variant.
- As the Tejas Mark-1 (13.5 tonne) was intended to replace outdated MiG-21s, the Mark-2 variant (17.5 tonne) will replace fighters such as the Mirage-2000s, Jaguars, and MiG-29s in the combat fleet of Indian Air Force (IAF).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday paid tributes to B R Ambedkar, the architect of India's Constitution, on his death anniversary and said his struggles gave hope to millions. He along with President Droupadi Murmu and Vice President...
Calicut University Results 2022: University of Calicut has announced third and eighth semester examination results for various courses, along with results for first year preliminary Afzal Ul Ulama Examination of May 2022. Students who appeared in these exams....
AP EAPCET Pharmacy Seat Allotment Result 2022: Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) will announce seat allotment result for the first phase of AP EAPCET counselling for Pharmacy courses today. Candidates who appeared in AP EAPCET/EAMCET...