On 11th March Union minister of rural development and Panchayati raj, Giriraj Singh launched Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) in Assam.
- Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULIPN) project was launched in Assam on a pilot base.
- Under this project, every land parcel in Assam will have a 14- digit alphanumeric geospatial unique identification number (UIN). Therefore, ULPIN will act as an “ adhaar for land”.
- The first step in this process is the survey of non-cadastral villages and are-survey of all cadastral villages.
- The coming step is end-to-end integration of digitalized land records and maps, which will pave the way for the generation of ULPIN for the land parcel.
- ULPIN project will pave the way towards the implementation of conclusive titling and will help in the quick resolution of the land disputes in the state.
About Mission Basundhara
- ‘Mission Basundhara’is a mission launched by the government of Assam to streamline and make land revenue services accessible to all, thereby promoting ease of doing business environment in the land management ecosystem of Assam.‘Mission Basundhara’aims to reduce the pendency in the updation of the land records.
- The three components of‘Mission Basundhara’are
Sanctification of the land records in the state in a mission mode.
Conducting Polygon survey of yet to be surveyed 672non-cadastral villages.
Conducting aRe-survey of 18789 cadastral villages using the hybrid methodology.
Nadeem Zaman, author, The Inheritors – “Displacement has been a constant in my work”
Tell us about The Inheritors. How did the idea for it come about? Author Nadeem Zaman (Courtesy the subject) In early 2021, during spring semester at the college where I teach, I’d included The Great Gatsby in the syllabus, and during class discussion one day...
Review: The Woman Who Climbed Trees: A Novel by Smriti Ravindra
Smriti Ravindra’s The Woman Who Climbed Trees, set in Nepal and its borderlands, is an exploration into women’s lack of agency within patriarchal society. It delves into the complexities that arise when husbands are physically and emotionally distant, leaving...
Review: The Speaking Constitution by KG Kannabiran
Justice Madhav Reddy: Why should Naxalities who do not believe in the Constitution take shelter under it? KG Kannabiran (1929-2010) was a senior advocate, human rights activist and co-founder, People’s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) (HT Photo) Advocate KG...