18th World Athletics Championship Oregon 2022; India Ranks 33rd, US Tops.
- The 18th edition of World Athletics Championship( WCH) 2022 was held at the Hayward Field, University of Oregon campus in Eugene, Oregon, United States( US). It’s for the first time that the Championship was held in the US and for only the second time in North America.
- It was organized by USA Track & Field( USATF) and World Athletics.
- The mascot of WCH Oregon22 Legend the Bigfoot.
- US won the most gold medals, with 13, and the most overall, with 33( a record for a single edition).
- India ranked at 33rd place, and 4th best in Asia only behind China, Japan and Kazakhstan.
- India’s Neeraj Chopra won silver medal in the men’s javelin throw which reached at88.13 m. This was the only order won by India at this Championship.
He became the first Indian to win silver medal in World Athletics Championship( WCH) and also India’s second medal after Anju Bobby George won bronze in the women’s long jump at 2003 World Championships in Athletics in Paris, France.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Main Admit Card 2023 released on upsc.gov.in, download link here
NEW DELHI: The Union Public Service Commission on Friday released the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Main admit card 2023. Candidates who are going to participate in the examination can download their hall tickets from the official website of UPSC -...
Nadeem Zaman, author, The Inheritors – “Displacement has been a constant in my work”
Tell us about The Inheritors. How did the idea for it come about? Author Nadeem Zaman (Courtesy the subject) In early 2021, during spring semester at the college where I teach, I’d included The Great Gatsby in the syllabus, and during class discussion one day...
Review: The Woman Who Climbed Trees: A Novel by Smriti Ravindra
Smriti Ravindra’s The Woman Who Climbed Trees, set in Nepal and its borderlands, is an exploration into women’s lack of agency within patriarchal society. It delves into the complexities that arise when husbands are physically and emotionally distant, leaving...